A quick and tasty afternoon tea snack
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- ¼ cup of caster sugar
- Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup of low fat natural yoghurt
- ½ cup of reduced fat milk
- Spray oil for cooking
- Combine flour, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl
- Combine egg, yoghurt and milk in a separate small bowl
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Heat a medium non stick frying pan over medium to low heat
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan per pikelet and cook for 1-2minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn and cook for a further minute
- Eat them while they’re still warm!
- Leave off the butter and margarine, you don’t need it!
- My favourite – plain old golden syrup
- Thin spread of strawberry jam and a dollop of low fat vanilla yoghurt – you have to try it!
- A dollop of low fat vanilla yoghurt with a drizzle of honey
- Fresh strawberries thinly sliced and drizzle with maple syrup.